There are 26 drive letters available on every PC, but only few of them are typically in use. Floppy disks and optical CD/DVD drives are no longer built into new computers and laptops nowadays. USB flash drives could become an obsolete technology in a few years. All that leaves the majority of letters available for drive mapping and shortening long folder paths for quick and easy access.
Virtual drive is a drive that can be mapped to any local folder on your computer and accessed from anywhere using just the assigned drive letter.
drvmap is the most efficient solution to mount folders and network locations as virtual drives on Windows. It allows you to access your files just using the assigned drive letter instead of a long folder path. It works with a click of the button and designed for both IT professionals and beginners.
- Mount virtual drives with a click of the button
- Create and edit network drives the same way
- Automatically manage readable drive labels
- Restore drives and settings after restart
- Handle drive creation for elevated applications
- Support for 64-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7