ADO.Net Data Access Component for Delphi is the fastest and most reliable database connectivity solutions for any database using ADO.Net technology in Delphi. It provides data access to data sources such as SQL Server, Oracle, SQLite, VistaDB and to data sources exposed via OLE DB and ODBC using ADO.Net data provider framework. ADO.Net DAC for Delphi is an enterprise solution with highest performance and unlimited possibilities. Data-sharing consumer applications can use ADO.NET DAC for Delphi to connect to these data sources and retrieve, handle, and update the data that they contain.
The ADO.Net DAC for Delphi consists of the following library of Data Access components:
- SqlClient Data Access Components.
- OracleClient Data Access Components.
- SQLite Data Access Components.
- VistaDB Data Access Components.
- ODBC Data Access Components.
- OLE DB Data Access Components.
- Virtual Table Components.
- Direct access to server data without using client library. Does not require installation of other data provider layers (such as BDE).
- Interface compatible with standard data access methods, such as ADO.
- Bulk copying of data from a data source to Sql server database using TSqlClientBulkCopy.
- Provides flexible support for master-detail relationships between datasets.
- Support prefetching rows - specifies the number of rows that are to be fetched per server round trip. This is controlled by FetchOptions.RowsetSize property.
- Disconnected mode with automatic connection control for working with data offline.
- High performance access to the data source.
- Fast controlled fetch of large data blocks.
- High performance batch processing.
- Intelligent fetch block size control.
- Rowset fetching support using TDbRecordSet Class which mimics the behaviour of ADO RecordSet Object using ADO.Net technology.
- Fast-forward data retrieval with DataReader component or using Server CursorKind property of the TCustomClrDataSet.